Friday, May 01, 2009

Bidor Half Marathon 2009



Why : I'm joined the race due to the location ... near to my father in law's house aka Teluk Intan ... besides, it is half marathon and new environment and route ...

Where : Dewan Muhibbah Bidor, Perak

When : 26 April 2009 (Sunday of course) ... started at 7.00am

What : 21k halfmarathon

How: heard about this event thru internet and fellow runners through out Malaysia ...

On the race day : woke up early at 5.ooam ... almost 45 minutes to go to Bidor from Teluk Intan ... still a lot of parking spaces at the time we arrived there ... and a lot of runner already doing their warm up ... changing my "uniform" and headed to the starting line looking for my collegues .. this due to I'm having teir bibs with me that I taken earlier at Kedai Tukang Jahit Mexico ... just opposite the bus station and near the Dewan Muhibbah ...

What I likes about this race :
  • new route for me ... quite flat for the first 10K
  • a lot signs for every 1K ... help me a lot through out the whole race
  • enough water station ... really thirsty ...
  • I beat my personal time ^_^
  • energy bar was available for those who forgot to bring

What I dislikes :

  • something smelly from the ranch ... chicken maybe
  • a lot of cars and motorcycle during the race .... I have to follow 2 cars in front me at the 15 K mark ...
  • heat ... this is minor ... during my chit chat with one of the runner .. he said for runner heat not a problem instead it is a challenge ^_^

Ok see u all again runners or not ... for next year race ...

2 comments:

lkn said...

Welcome back to Bidor Half Marathon 2010 dated 25th April,2010.
This year we target 2000 runners
and we will improve the running event for the betterment of running and runners in mind

syabas

Anonymous said...

lkn ..

thanks .. of course i will be running again this year for Bidor HM ...

-nonvespa-