Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sundown Marathon

the starting gantry ....


river cruise ..

my lucky number ...
some pic taken fr. Mr. Tey .. thanks bro ..

our mode of transport going home ...
and the finisher medal ...
What : Sundown Marathon
Where : Changi Beach, Singapore
When : 30 May 2009
Why : enter my first marathon
How : register online ... (early bird)
after monthly of pratice and enter various of races ... so my "training+running mate" and me headed to the Lion City to enter our first marathon ... lots of record to be broken actually
  • my first marathon
  • my first nite marathon
  • my first trip to singapore
  • my first finisher marathon medal

b'coz nowdays everybody can fly ... so we needs to support Mr. Tony Fernandez ... took our early flight at 7:45 am to Singapore ... feeling a little dizzy have to wake up early in the morning ... what ever hurdle mission must be accomplished ..

we stayed in Sommersett Liang Court in Clarke Quay ... thanks to our friend who is on training there ... he also tought us how to use the MRT ... quite convenience using the MRT to move from one place to another ... that why I can see many bicycles at the MRT station ... they really maximise the public transports ..

after having our meal at Al Junied ... we have to snooze for a while to make sure have enough rest before the race ... zzzzzzzzzzz

so after having our dinner ... we headed to Changi Beach where the race suppose to start .. we have to cross a narrow bridge ahead of Changi River before can see the race expo ... when we arrived there ... some of the 10K runners just finished their race ..

after walking and loitering around the race expo ... so now come the moment that I'm waiting for .. the race started at midnight ... and of course will take untill sundown as the race name is ... the race was started at Nicoll Drive at the Changi Beach ...

during starting ... what I can see only thousand of peoples ... we needs to run near the sea side for half of the race and the other 50% needs to cross bridges, near the river, park, behind apartment, traffic light ... before I can finish this marathon ...

through out the 42K ... I'm really feeling sleepy and tired ... that what happen when you running at the time that you normally sleep and dream ... I have to fight with my mental for the first 15K ..

Hurdles during Sundown Marathon:-

  • havoc at water station ... esp. at the first water station (3.8K) ... runners rushing to take the water ..
  • you have to follow the slower runner ... not enough space to over take ... maybe normal for marathon ... I read, in Hong Kong Marathon ... there were 55,000 runners participated ..
  • bridges ... so many bridges you have to cross ...

at last I completed the race ... 6:21:44 ... this is what my timing for my first marathon.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats bro for your first marathon and more importantly finishing it. I'm just a newbie trying out a 10km race. Long way to go.

Anonymous said...

Its okay ... training and training ... yg penting ur determination ^_^ x join KLIM ke ?